An Important message from Dr. James Thomas regarding the Coronavirus and COVID-19:
We are OPEN for Routine and Elective dentistry.
Now that the Governor of Michigan has lifted the restrictions on dental care, we have resumed dental care for all of our patients, including cleanings. We have always been very diligent with our infection control and prevention. We have now added additional respiratory precautions and administrative controls as recommended by the American Dental Association, The Michigan Dental Association, the CDC, OSHA, and others. We have also added additional protocols and routines to ensure the safety of all of our patients and our employees. We are open our normal hours, and would be happy to continue your ongoing dental and oral wellness care. Please contact us today to schedule your appointment.
How things are different with the current Coronavirus pandemic:
• If you are sick or have known symptoms of COVID-19 – Please Reschedule Your Appointment.
• When you arrive at the office, please wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds in the rest room. If you blow your nose or sneeze or cough into your hands, please wash your hands again.
• We will continue to use personal protective devices and barriers as we always do. We will be using our masks and gloves more than we usually do. Since the Coronavirus is presumed to be spread person-to-person: spitting, coughing and sneezing, we need to provide a barrier between us and you as much as possible. Dentistry is a close and intimate part of our lives. Generally, we only are using our masks while doing the actual procedure. Until it is safe to do otherwise, we will wear our masks most of the time you are in the office.
• Please do not linger in our reception area any longer than necessary. We will try to tell you when you arrive if we anticipate that you will have to wait more than a couple of minutes. If that is the case, please wait outside or in your car if other people are in the reception area. This will avoid people being in close contact for long periods of time. If you are waiting outside or in your car, please be sure we have your cell phone number to call you and let you know we are ready for you. After your visit, please do not linger to talk any longer than necessary with the front office team members or other people you may know in the reception area.
• Please keep at least 6 feet between you and anyone in the office that is not wearing a mask.
Although we can assure you that you will be safe coming to our office, I know some people will choose not to come in until they feel safer. We have gone to significant lengths to ensure we have adequate supplies of personal protective equipment.
We are here for you. We are fully prepared. We are confident that you are safe in our offices.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at (989) 872-3870.
May God be with you and your families in these troubling times.
Dr. James Thomas
For more information follow this link to the ADA site.